Built originally as a flaxmill in 1787, this building was revolutionary in its design as the first iron framed building in the world, paving the way for the modern sky scraper. Converted to a maltings in 1897, the site was adapted and changed to keep going for another hundred years, until it finally closed in 1987. It was then left dormant and derelict for over twenty years.

This short film talks through that history, and how a £28million project of repair and adaptive re-use has delivered a low-carbon, mixed-use development which is a catalyst for economic regeneration of the local area and beyond.